help
Raghavendra B R
2017-03-24 04:20:31 UTC
I would like to contribute for the libstoragemgmt plugin for the Microsemi (Adaptec/PMC) controllers.
Kindly let me know the procedure to start.

Thanks,
Raghavendra
Gris Ge
2017-03-24 06:31:18 UTC
Post by Raghavendra B R
Hi,
I would like to contribute for the libstoragemgmt plugin for the Microsemi
(Adaptec/PMC) controllers.
Kindly let me know the procedure to start.
Thanks,
Raghavendra
Greating Raghavendra,

"User Guide" and "Python Plugin developer Guide"
at http://libstorage.github.io/libstoragemgmt-doc/ could be a good start.

The megaraid plugin and hpsa plugin could be a good sample code for Microsemi.

I was told Microsemi seems somewhat be related to HPE smart array.
As we have fully functional hpsa plugin, I also CCed our HPE developer Joe
Handzik <***@hpe.com>, if possible, share your plan with him.

Feel free to ask if you need any help.

Best regards.
Gris Ge
Raghavendra B R
2017-03-24 06:54:27 UTC
Hi Gris,

Thank you for the reply and the directions.
The current plan is to have a plugin in similar terms of hpsa.
I will get in touch with Joe.

Thanks again for this opportunity !!!

Regards,
Raghavendra

Handzik, Joseph
2017-03-24 14:35:32 UTC
Hey Raghavendra,

Good to hear from you! Thanks for reaching out. I'll spin off an email outside of the developer mailing list so we can get aligned on what your goals are. But the gist from Gris is correct, I've been working on improving support and testing for the Smart Array products. All that code is dependent on the ssacli tool, so if you have need to support a different tool we'll need to create an entirely new plugin. However, if the Microsemi go-forward plan is to use ssacli exclusively, then you should get support for all Microsemi products via the ssacli tool and the standards-based tooling that we started to add last year.

Joe